WOO HOO! I'm so excited about this new food lover's tour that I had to steal a quote from my 2-year old nephew, who says "woo hoo" nowadays for everything that excites him. Since I'm gushing much like a 2-year old who can't hold this any longer, I think "WOO HOO" is perfect.
I've put together a food lover's feast in Provence, the place I've called home for the last two summers. This is a week-long vacation (8 days/7 nights) and it has me so excited because it encompasses all the flavors and beauty of Provence that make this region so tasty and special - its markets, its food, its wine, its quaint and colorful villages & towns and its seaside spots with the blue blue Mediterranean as a backdrop.
The food, the markets and villages of Provence are the focus of this vacation. We'll have guided visits to three of the best markets in the region; three market-to-table cooking classes where we'll create seasonal dishes with ingredients straight from the market; we'll make guided visits with tastings to a pastry shop and cheese shop. Wine is a big part of this vacation, with wine included at each meal. There will be a wine lesson and visit to a winery in the Cotes du Rhone. We'll enjoy bouillabaisse in the city that created it. We'll dine in the best restaurants in Provence. Yes, this is a food lover's feast in Provence and more!
We'll explore the history, culture, and beauty of the region and meet local purveyors of the region's delicacies. We'll have a local expert with us on all our explorations and walks as we visit Avignon, Arles, villages of the Luberon and our home base for the tour, Aix-en-Provence. I'll be your tour leader and culinary instructor the entire time on this small-group tour (maximum 10 people per group). I have personally and carefully selected all the restaurants, markets, shops, towns and villages to ensure that this is the best food & wine feast in Provence.
Below are a few photos of what we'll see and experience along with more details. All details, itinerary, and booking information are on the Markets & Villages Culinary Vacation page. I hope you'll join me, there are two tour date options, as we eat our way through Provence!
THE COLORS AT THE MARKETS ~
SOME OF THE HEAVENLY DISHES AND PASTRIES WE'LL FEAST ON ~
What's included in this vacation ~
- Three full-meal market-to-table cooking classes ~ All are hands-on in a small group setting
- All lunches and dinners in some of the best restaurants in Provence, wine included with meals
- Welcome Champagne reception and dinner
- Guided visit to 3 Provencal markets
- Guided walking tours of Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, and Arles
- Visits to the Luberon Valley, hilltop Provencal villages, Cassis, and Sanary-sur-Mer
- Winery visit and tasting
- Guided boat tour of the Calanques
- Pastry shop visit and tasting
- Fromagerie visit and tasting
- Transfer to and from either the Marseille airport or the Aix-en-Provence TGV station on arrival and departure days
- Transportation to and from Aix-en-Provence for all the tour excursions
- Cook in Provence recipe book
- Cook in Provence apron and welcome gift bag
- Food Lover's Guide to Provence booklet
*Airfare, accommodations, transportation to and from Aix-en-Provence before and after the tour, meals not specified above, and travel insurance are not included.
NOTE: Although accommodations are not included, I can help you find and make lodging arrangements to fit your individual travel style and needs.
SOME TOWNS & VILLAGES WE'LL VISIT ~
Rotonde Fountain in Aix-en-Provence
Cours Mirabeau in Aix-en-Provence
Seaside Village of Sanary-sur-Mer
Olive and olive oil shop in a Provencal village
Calanques near Cassis
Courtyard Garden at L'Espace Van Gogh in Arles
Ready to book your tour and savor Provence?
Dates and Details ~
- June 28 - July 5, 2015 (Itinerary may include visit to famous Provence lavendar field)
- July 26 - August 2, 2015 (Itinerary will include visit to famous Provence lavendar fields)
Price: $2,850 per person
Maximum Group Size: 10 people
Tour Alum Discount: Receive $200 off this tour if you've already taken a tour with Food Lover's Odyssey
Full itinerary and all the details are here: Markets & Villages of Provence Culinary Vacation page.
How to book ~
Email me at: chefkathyayer [at] yahoo[dot]com. I'll send you the booking form. You will need to pay the deposit and fill out the booking form to book and secure your space.
Book your spot today and you'll be on your way to a fabulous food-lover's vacation in Provence.
Follow Food Lover's Odyssey Facebook
Tweet with us on Twitter
Pin with us on Pinterest