On the heels of the huge success and glowing testimonials for the Food Lover's Vacation in Puglia, for 2015 I'm offering more food-focused vacations to my other favorite parts of Italy. These new vacations will have a very local feel, offer many unique experiences and "backstage" access. We'll, of course, enjoy the best food & wine and best and most fun cooking classes and food tours.
Today I'm introducing you to the first of these vacations: a moveable feast through classic Italy - Rome, Tuscany and Venice. This is an all-inclusive 11-night/12-day feast starting in Rome and ending in Venice. Yes, it certainly will be a food-focused vacation but also one where you'll experience and enjoy main sights and special out-of-the-way spots that locals normally bring their friends and family to see. We'll have my local friends from each location along with us as guides and local experts.
All of this is included in the vacation! ~
- 11 nights accommodations at 4-star boutique hotels (4 nights in Rome/4 nights in Tuscany/3 nights in Venice)
- Airport transfer, on your arrival in Rome, from the Rome airport to your hotel in Rome
- Airport transfer, on your departure from Venice, from your hotel in Venice to the Venice airport or a water taxi to the Venice train station
- This is a fully guided tour - I will be with you the entire time and we'll have local guides and local culinary experts with us at each location
- All breakfasts, lunches & dinners during the vacation and wine included with lunch and dinner
- Transportation during the entire trip
- Three hands-on cooking classes: one each in Rome, Tuscany and Venice
- Two special in-home dinners at the home of two of my Italian friends
- Food of Rome walking tour and tastings in Rome
- Food walking tour and tastings in Florence
- Cicchetti food walking tour and privite wine tasting at one of my favorite wine bars in Venice
- Private chocolate shop visit and tasting in Venice
- Winery visit with lunch in Tuscany
- A food-lover's day in the Castelli Romani (hilltowns just outside of Rome)
- Private guided tour of the Vatican museums
- Private walking tour of historic Rome with a gelato stop(s)
- Private driving tour of Rome visiting the Coloseum, Roman Forum, Janiculum Hill and more
- Guided tour of Florence and the Uffizi Gallery
- Guided walking tour of Siena
- Olive oil farm visit and tasting in Tuscany
- Afternoons of free time in Rome, Florence, Siena and Venice for you to shop/take photos/people watch/food shop, etc. all at your own leisure
- Help/travel advice with flights to/from Italy, within Italy before and after the vacation and any assistance you need for Italy travel after/before your vacation
- Food Lover's Classic Italy Recipe booklet and apron
Price and Dates:
2015 Dates: October 7 - 18, 2015
Vacation Price: $4,995 (based on double occupancy)
**Single Occupancy Supplement charge: $900 per person
Maximum Group Size: 12 people
***Alumni Discount: Receive $250 off this vacation if you've already taken a vacation with Food Lover's Odyssey.
HOW TO BOOK ~
Email me at: chefkathyayer [at] yahoo[dot]com. I'll send you the booking form. To reserve your space on this vacation, you will need to pay a $1,000 non-refundable deposit and complete and return the booking form.
Final payment of the remaining balance is due 90 days prior to the vacation start date, on July 7, 2015.
QUESTIONS? - Email me at : chefkathyayer [at] yahoo [dot] com and I'll answer any questions you have or set up a phone or SKYPE call to discuss this vacation in detail.
***These dates don't work for you? Want to do this or a custom-designed Italian vacation just for your group? We can make that happen! Email me at chefkathyayer [at] yahoo.com and let's start planning your dream vacation. ***