Immerse yourself in the beauty, cuisine, and tranquility of Tuscany, Italy on this unique, all-inclusive, small-group vacation in the heart of Tuscany. On this 8-day/7-night painting and cooking vacation, you’ll stay at a luxury Tuscan villa surrounded by rolling hills, rows of vineyards and olive trees, and views of castles and medieval villages perched upon hilltops.
It's a week of art, beauty, relaxation, delicious meals, wine tastings, and visits to some of the most beautiful villages in all of Italy; this vacation provides it all. You'll have three Tuscan cooking classes, one with a local Italian mamma and you'll paint four fabulous paintings from the breathtaking scenery of your vacation and take them home – a priceless souvenir from your vacation. You'll have guided visits two Tuscan markets, dine in the best trattorie and restaurants, learn about the wines of Tuscany with four winery visits and so much more.
Your guides, with you the entire time, will be chef Kathy Ayer and professional artist and art instructor, Melanie Brannan. This vacation package is designed so all guests receive personal attention and superb service. For this reason, the vacation is limited to a maximum group size of 12 people.
No painting nor cooking experience is necessary to thoroughly enjoy this vacation. Both cooking and painting classes are structured to be both fun and educational and to accommodate all levels of cooks and painters; from those with absolutely no knowledge to those that are experienced painting and/or cooking enthusiasts. Chef Kathy has been teaching cooking lessons to culinary enthusiasts of all ages and experience for the last 6 years. Melanie, artist and art instructior, who teaches novices at Painting with a Twist in the Dallas area is experienced at helping students successfully paint scenes, even those who have never before picked up a paint brush.
You’ll be staying at a luxury villa in the Chianti countryside outside of Florence. Rooms are based on double occupancy, and each traveling couple will have their own private room with bathroom. There will be a pool, outdoor terrace, dining areas inside and outside, and comfy common areas. Painting classes will be at the villa for a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Tuscan wines and antipasti will be available for all painting lessons.
This vacation is all inclusive as soon as you arrive in Florence. We’ll pick you up from either the Florence Airport or the Florence (Santa Maria Novella) train station and take you to your villa. From that point, all is taken care of: accommodations, all meals (lunch and dinner with wine), and all classes, excursions, walking tours, wine tastings and guided food tastings. We’ll also have wine and snacks available during painting classes. The only reason you might need your wallet the entire week is for souvenirs or personal items you wish to purchase.
We take care of everything, so you can relax and truly enjoy your vacation!
What's included in this luxury vacation ~
- 8-days/7-nights accommodations at a luxury villa in the Chianti region of Tuscany
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Local wines included with all lunches and dinners
- Private Tuscan wine tastings and antipasti during painting classes
- Three painting classes of Tuscany with artist & instructor Melanie Brennan - You’ll take home all 3 of your masterpieces
- Two full-meal hands on cooking classes and Tuscan market visits
- Pasta making class with an Italian mamma
- Visits with guided walking tours of Siena and Montepulciano
- Visits to the gorgeous Tuscan hill towns and villages of Radda, Castellina in Chianti, San Gimignano, and Pienza
- Drive through the Val d’Orcia and its golden fields dotted with Cypress trees and farmhouses
- Visit to an olive oil farm with tasting
- Gelato stops & tastings
- Four winery visits and tastings
- Food Lover's in Tuscany recipe book
- Food Lover's Odyssey apron and welcome gift bag
- Assistance with making your travel arrangements from the U.S. to Florence, Italy and any pre- and post-tour travel arrangements you’d like to make
SEE THE COMPLETE ITINERARY: HERE
**Airfare, transportation to Florence (if flying in from elsewhere in Italy/Europe), food at times other than meals or those specified above, travel insurance and expenses of a personal nature (souvenirs and other personal items), are not included in the vacation package price.
- June 6 to June 13, 2015 (ONLY 3 spots left)
Vacation Price: $3,950 (based on double occupancy)
**Single Occupancy Supplement charge: $700 per person
Maximum Group Size: 12 people
***Alumni Discount: Receive $200 off this vacation if you've already taken a vacation with Food Lover's Odyssey.
Add 3 days in Florence to your Itinerary ~ Experience and Explore the art and Renaissance capital of Italy
Book this optional 2-night stay in Florence from June 4 to 6, 2015 or September 24-26, 2015! The Florence package includes:
- Two night accommodations at a luxury boutique hotel in the center of Florence,
- Historical walking tour of Florence with local guide
- Guided market visit and food tour
- Admission and guided visit to the Uffizi Gallery
- All meals and daily gelato visits
Price for the optional Florence package: $495 per person based on double occupancy.
How to Book Your Vacation:
Email me at: chefkathyayer [at] yahoo[dot]com. I'll send you the booking form. You will need to pay a $1,000 deposit and fill out the booking form to book and secure your space.
Final payment of the remaining balance is due 90 days prior to the vacation start date, on March 6, 2015.
Once I receive your completed booking contract and deposit payment, I will send you your receipt along with a Next Steps Checklist to prepare for your vacation.
For questions, please email: chefkathyayer [at] yahoo [dot] com. To view the detailed itinerary, see: Tuscany Painting & Cooking Vacation Itinerary